VivaTech is the unmissable event dedicated to technology and its impact on the world of tomorrow. It will be held this year from June 16 to 19, Porte de Versailles in Paris. Discover all the highlights and prestigious participants of the event.
You will also be interested
[EN VIDÉO] Take advantage of new technologies for agriculture “Smart farming” or precision agriculture is developing in Europe to allow farmers to produce better and thus develop their income. Farms are modernizing through the use of new technologies, what will they look like in the future?
Since its first edition in 2016, VivaTech has established itself as the largest European trade fair dedicated to technology. After the canceled 2020 edition due to Covid, the show is back in 2021 from June 16 to 19, Door from Versailles to Paris. More than 1,100 exhibitors are expected, with 450 prestigious speakers including Mark Zuckerberg or Tim Cook. VivaTech is also an opportunity to discover new innovations, participate in training sessions, meet investors and discuss with influencers and leaders of start-up. For more information, see the full program on the VivaTech website.
1. A hybrid show with a reinforced sanitary protocol
The 2020 edition of VitaTech had to be canceled due to the pandemic from Covid-19. This year, thanks to the vaccination, the event will take place from June 16 to 19 at the Parc des Expositions de la Porte de Versailles in Paris. To comply with the health protocol, the gauge will however be limited to 5,000 people per day and participants will have to present a negative Covid test of less than 48 hours or a vaccination certificate. In order to allow as many people as possible to walk the aisles, the show will take place over four days instead of three.
Those unable to attend will be able to attend the conferences online and follow the VivaTech Central TV channel, which will broadcast the highlights of the show every day. You can also browse virtual 3D exhibition rooms and exchange ideas on a dedicated messaging platform.
2. Prestigious guests
Many entrepreneurs, influencers and leaders are still expected this year, with the presence of Tim Cook, CEO ofApple, Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook), Thierry Breton (European Commissioner for the Internal Market), Eric S. Yuan (Zoom), Stéphane Richard (Orange), Arvind Krishna (IBM), Ken Hu (Huawei), Brad Smith (Microsoft), Marguerite Bérard (BNP Paribas), Dan Schulman (PayPal), Bernard Arnault (LVMH), Sébastien Missoffe (Google France), Thibaud Hug de Larauze (Back Market), or Mitchell Baker (Mozilla Foundation). Without forgetting of course Emmanuel Macron, who will be visiting the show. In total, more than 450 speakers are expected, including 80% international and 42% women.
3. Immersive experiences
- Numerous virtual showrooms organized by the partners will test the technologies of the future: Discovery low transition carbone and Robot Tech (EDF), Connected Animal Health (Royal Canin), Espace Tech (Arianespace), Technique of construction (Bouygues Construction), Mobility or sustainable development.
- The Immersive 5G Lab, by Orange, will show the applications of 5G in health, entertainment, industry, smart cities and mobility.
- Art month digital, by Cadaf (Contemporary and Digital Art Fair), presented various digital works.
- The Creative Motion studio will offer the public an immersive visual and sensory experience.
- Participatory entertainment is also on the program, with an eFoot tournament, cosplay parade or saber combat training sessions. laser !
Presentation of 5G by Orange.
4. Numerous start-up competitions
More than 13,000 start-ups from all over the world will be present at VivaTech and several prizes will be awarded for the occasion:
- Next Unicorn Awards : six start-ups prefiguring the future unicorns of tomorrow will be rewarded in five categories (Fintech and Assurtech, Marketplaces, SaaS, Digital Media, Artificial intelligence, Deep Tech et Big Data) ;
- Startup Challenge with Unesco: the winning start-ups will present their artificial intelligence solutions to preserve the biodiversity, fight against gender prejudices, or access information in rare languages;
- LVMH Innovation Award : six start-ups will be honored in six categories. In 2020, the Dutch start-up Crobox won the prize thanks to its behavioral analysis solution;
- Next Startupper Challenge : this inter-school and inter-university challenge aims to promote entrepreneurship among students.
Several other prizes and competitions will also be announced by Vivatech’s various partners.
5. New innovations
Several companies will take advantage of VivaTech to present their latest innovations. Renault will, for example, unveil its electric micro-vehicle Renault EZ-POD of its new Mobilize brand, intended for the “last mile” of travel and delivery. The Chinese EHang will present the first autonomous and electric flying taxi eVTOL. RATP will lift the veil on a exosquelette which facilitates the working conditions of its agents. Microsoft will exhibit its Mesh solution for sharing experiences through mixed reality applications. Sanofi will show how artificial intelligence can help discover future drugs, Moët & Chandon will show its tech solutions for sustainable viticulture, and La Poste its LRE service for mail and certified digital documents.
Interested in what you just read?