VivaTech is the unmissable event dedicated to technology and its impact on the world of tomorrow. It will be held this year from June 16 to 19, Porte de Versailles in Paris. Discover all the highlights and prestigious participants of the event.
Since its first edition in 2016, VivaTech has established itself as the largest European trade fair dedicated to technology. After the canceled 2020 edition due to Covid, the show is back in 2021 from June 16 to 19,from Versailles to Paris. More than 1,100 exhibitors are expected, with 450 prestigious speakers including or . VivaTech is also an opportunity to discover new innovations, participate in training sessions, meet investors and discuss with influencers and leaders of . For more information, see on the VivaTech website.
1. A hybrid show with a reinforced sanitary protocol
The 2020 edition of VitaTech had to be canceled due to thefrom . This year, thanks to the , the event will take place from June 16 to 19 at the Parc des Expositions at Porte de Versailles in Paris. To comply with the health protocol, the gauge will however be limited to 5,000 people per day and participants must present a negative Covid test of less than 48 hours or a . In order to allow as many people as possible to walk the aisles, the show will take place over four days instead of three.
Those unable to attend will be able to attend the conferences online and follow the VivaTech Central TV channel, which will broadcast the highlights of the show every day. You can also browse virtual 3D exhibition rooms and exchange ideas on a dedicated messaging platform.
2. Prestigious guests
Many entrepreneurs, influencers and leaders are still expected this year, with the presence of Tim Cook, CEO of, Mark Zuckerberg ( ), Thierry Breton (European Commissioner for the Internal Market), Eric S. Yuan (Zoom), Stéphane Richard (Orange), Arvind Krishna ( ), Ken Hu (Huawei), Brad Smith ( ), Marguerite Bérard (BNP Paribas), Dan Schulman (PayPal), Bernard Arnault (LVMH), Sébastien Missoffe (Google France), Thibaud Hug de Larauze (Back Market), or Mitchell Baker (Mozilla Foundation). Without forgetting of course Emmanuel Macron, who will be visiting the show. In total, more than 450 speakers are expected, including 80% international and 42% women.
3. Immersive experiences
- Numerous virtual showrooms organized by the partners will test the technologies of the future: Discovery low transition and Tech (EDF), Connected Animal Health (Royal Canin), Espace Tech ( ), Technique of (Bouygues Construction), Mobility or .
- The Immersive 5G Lab, by Orange, will show the of 5G in health, entertainment, industry, smart cities and mobility.
- Digital art month, by Cadaf (Contemporary and Digital Art Fair), presented various digital works.
- The Creative Motion studio will offer the public an immersive visual and sensory experience.
- Participatory entertainment is also on the program, with an eFoot tournament, cosplay parade or saber combat training sessions. !
Presentation of 5G by Orange.
4. Numerous start-up competitions
More than 13,000 start-ups from all over the world will be present at VivaTech and several prizes will be awarded for the occasion:
- Next Unicorn Awards : six start-ups prefiguring the future unicorns of tomorrow will be rewarded in five categories ( and Assurtech, Marketplaces, , Digital media, , Deep Tech et ) ;
- Startup Challenge with Unesco: the winning start-ups will present their artificial intelligence solutions to preserve the , fight against sexist prejudices, or access information in rare languages;
- LVMH Innovation Award : six start-ups will be honored in six categories. In 2020, the Dutch start-up Crobox won the prize thanks to its behavioral analysis solution;
- Next Startupper Challenge : this inter-school and inter-university challenge aims to promote entrepreneurship among students.
Several other prizes and competitions will also be announced by Vivatech’s various partners.
5. New innovations
Several companies will take advantage of VivaTech to present their latest innovations. Renault will for example unveil its electric micro-vehicleof its new Mobilize brand, intended for the “last mile” of travel and delivery. The Chinese EHang will present the first autonomous and electric flying taxi eVTOL. RATP will lift the veil on a which facilitates the working conditions of its agents. Microsoft will exhibit its Mesh solution for sharing experiences through mixed reality applications. Sanofi will show how artificial intelligence can help , Moët & Chandon will show its tech solutions for sustainable viticulture, and La Poste its LRE service for mail and certified digital documents.