With the multitude of offers currently available, it is not always easy to find the best internet box to install at home. Internet access providers each have no less than 2 fiber or ADSL boxes in their catalog. And to find the ideal box, you sometimes have to scan one by one the offers available on the operators’ site. Are you running out of time? Do not panic ! We have selected for you the best internet boxes for June 2021 in this comparison.
The idea of changing your internet box has been bothering you for a while? This is the ideal period to take the plunge and find the best offer, that is to say the Internet offer that ensures you speed, stability and reliability, while allowing you to save money.
Indeed, good internet box plans are multiplying in June 2021. Finding an offer that meets your needs and matches your budget will be less difficult than usual.
To simplify your task, we have nevertheless grouped together in this comparison the internet boxes that we consider the most competitive in June 2021.
RED fiber box at 20 € / month and ADSL at 16 € / month with one month offered
continues to promote its THD fiber box in June 2021. Its non-binding internet box is only offered at 20 euros (16 euros for the ADSL version). What is even more interesting with this offer is that the price will not double after a year. The promotional benefit therefore follows you for life. In addition, RED has decided to offer the first month of subscription.
Otherwise, the RED box fiber is also attractive from a content point of view:
- An optical fiber connection with a speed of up to 1 Gbit / s for downloading and 500 Mbit / s for sending thanks to the Speed plus option offered;
- Unlimited calls to landlines in France and to more than 100 destinations;
- FTM option offered: calls are unlimited to mobiles;
- Debit Plus option offered: 1Gb / s download (instead of 300Gb / s) and 500Gb / s send (instead of 300Gb / s)
- 35 free channels accessible on smartphone or tablet via the RED TV application
Freebox mini 4K at € 15.99 / month
The Freebox mini 4K is making its comeback. And as soon as it is back on the market, it is already on sale. Indeed, Free offers it to you for only € 15.99 / month during your first 12 subscription. After that, the price will drop to € 34.99 / month. But by then, you will have already saved 228 euros. And since the contract only provides for 12 months of engagement, you will be free to terminate after the promotional period if the offer suddenly becomes less attractive.
Here is what it offers in detail:
- An optical fiber (or ADSL) connection with a downstream speed of up to 1 Gb / s and an upstream speed of up to 600 Mb / s;
- Unlimited calls to landlines in more than 110 destination countries (calls to mobiles are available as an option);
- A TV package with 220 channels;
- Netflix, Prime Video and Canal + Séries optional.
In addition to all this, the Freebox mini 4K gives access to applications stored on Google Play and allows you to view your videos in 4K. In short, the offer is very comprehensive and promises satisfactory experiences over the next 12 months.
SFR Fiber at 16 € / month
In that momentFiber is one of the cheapest internet boxes on the market. Indeed, it is offered from only 16 € / month. This is the price of the SFR box 7, a box equipped with Wi-Fi 5 technology and offering 4K image quality. This promotional rate applies for 12 months. Afterwards, the subscription goes to 38 € / month. However, this remains an attractive price in view of the services it offers.
Concretely, the SFR Box 7 provides you with:
- An optical fiber connection with a speed of up to 500 Mbit / s for downloading and sending;
- Unlimited calls to landlines in France;
- A TV package with 160 channels and services.
To subscribe to this box, you must make a commitment for 12 months. After that, you are free to choose between continuing your subscription and finding another offer from the competition.
But whatever you choose, you’ll have already made great savings on your subscription. You will save 264 euros by subscribing now to this offer while benefiting from the quality of the SFR network.
The Fiber Livebox at € 22.99 / month
Would you like to benefit from the quality of the Orange network and not pay dearly? We have the solution for you: the fiber Livebox can meet your needs.
The offer is currently on promotion. Normally, the Fiber Livebox costs € 41.99 / month. But if you subscribe now, you will be billed for just € 22.99 / month for your first 12 months of subscription. It will only be after this promotional period that you will be billed at its initial price.
Here is what you will get by subscribing to the Fiber Livebox at Orange:
- Fiber optic connection with a speed of up to 400 Mbit / s for download and upload;
- The fiber connection will be offered to you
- Unlimited calls to landlines in France, the overseas departments and more than 100 destinations;
- The new Livebox 5 will be installed with smart WiFi
- Access to more than 150 TV channels is included in the offer
Depending on your needs, Orange also allows you to personalize your offer by adding additional options such as unlimited calls to mobiles in mainland France and overseas departments.
Bbox fit with fiber at € 15.99 / month
At the moment,displays a cheap internet box in its catalog. The Bbox fit with fiber currently benefits from a 50% reduction for any new subscription.
Concretely, instead of spending € 29.99 / month, you will only have to pay € 15.99 / month during the first year, i.e. the duration of the commitment. At the end of this period, the subscription returns to its initial price. But with the 168 euros that you will have saved, you will be able to terminate your contract if you find better elsewhere.
Here is what the Bbox fit offers you in brief:
- An optical fiber connection with a theoretical maximum speed of 300 Mb / s in download and 200 Mb / s in upload;
- Unlimited calls to landlines in France and more than 110 destinations
- 6 months free subscription to Premium then € 9.99 / month
By subscribing to the Bbox fit, you also benefit from a reduced price on your mobile plan if you buy it from Bouygues Telecom.
You can also consult the best mobile plans for the month of April by
How to choose the right internet box?
Speed is often the first criterion that we examine when choosing an internet box. And this is rather logical since it will determine the comfort of navigation and use of the services available online. If you are used to downloading or sending large files, your box must be able to provide good speeds for both the downstream and the upstream. On the other hand, if you only connect to surf or send emails, it is better not to dwell too much on this criterion. Instead, look at the telephone services offered, or the TV offer in case you want to opt for a triple play box. What are the possible destinations for calls to landlines? Does the offer include calls to mobiles? How many TV channels are available with the box and which ones suit you? What TV services are included?
These are all questions you must answer in order to identify your needs and choose the right offer.
What is your internet eligibility?
At the time in which we live, optical fiber remains the most efficient technology for accessing the Internet. It offers speeds of up to 1 Gb / s (or even more). Unfortunately, although it is starting to roll out across the entire French territory, many housing units are not yet eligible. And this is a factor that you should not overlook when choosing your internet offer.
Before opting for a particular box, take the time to do an internet eligibility test. There are many free tools available to do this directly from your computer. If it appears that your home is eligible for optical fiber, you are free to choose a fiber box to take advantage of very high speed internet.
Otherwise, you should fall back on an ADSL or VDSL box. The first is a fairly old technology with a speed ranging from 1 to 20 Mb / s (up to 30 Mb / s for ADSL2 +). VDSL is also an improved version of ADSL with a speed of up to 70 Mb / s (100 Mb / s for VDSL2).
What other criteria should you consider when choosing your internet box?
- The blanket : Orange, SFR, Bouygues Telecom and Free each offer interesting internet offers tailored to different consumer profiles. You are free to choose the box that suits you. That said, take the time to check the or fiber or each ISP. This will allow you to be sure that you are in an area covered by the operator you have chosen. To find out, just go to the operator’s website and look at their fiber or ADSL coverage card.
- The options offered : operators offer various options to customize your internet box. It may be an online storage service like at Orange, a blu-ray player with Freeboxes, additional TV channels as is the case with SFR, a Multi-TV option with the 4 operators, etc. Some options are inherent to the box. Others, however, are chargeable. If you can’t decide between two internet boxes or two operators, comparing the options offered can help you make the right decision.
- The price : sometimes you can find offers with similar services from different operators, but not at all at the same price. To find the box with the best quality / price ratio, do not hesitate to compare the offers. And to simplify your task, use an online internet box comparison. But in any case, do not be quickly seduced by the too attractive prices. These offers often contain hidden costs such as the rental of the box or the cost of the options chosen.