We now send and receive dozens of emails every day. If emails have gradually replaced handwritten letters, it is important to know how to secure your email to avoid abuses. We give you some tips on how to ensure the security of your emails.
A means of communication par excellence, sending emails is not without risk, however: through electronic messages, malicious people can succeed in recovering some of our confidential information such as access codes or even information. banking.
What is email security?
The security of the mailbox is on the one hand on the side of the content of the emails, but also on the level of the accounts that we use to connect.
Contrary to popular belief, the security of our emails does not stop with the authentication of your mailbox account. via a. Other elements such as the content of the message or the identity of the sender can also be validated and secured.
What are the attempted attacks for my mailbox?
How to secure your electronic messages?
If your mailbox is not secure, you expose yourself to risks such as bank fraud, identity theft or even. It is also advisable to set up an e-mail protection solution, such as Altospam, which allows you to filter your e-mails upstream.
Foryour email security, here are some tips:
- opt for a to better secure access to your email account. The ideal? A mixture of letters, numbers, upper / lower case and symbols;
- always be vigilant when receiving new emails. Even if you know the sender, always keep a open: his email account may have itself been hacked;
- make sure you use different email addresses to separate your professional and personal activities;
- regardless of the sender of the message, never respond to a request for confidential information by email;
- in your emails, do not click on links that do not inspire you to trust;
- beware of attachments to your messages, they may contain or even . If in doubt, do not open them and delete the mail;
- never respond to financial pyramid or lucky chain type emails. These are often attempted fraud.
Secure your email? An essential step when you want to effectively protect your personal data. In addition to reinforcing your place word, it is recommended to remain vigilant when receivingin order to avoid intrusion attempts.
Article produced in partnership with the Altospam teams