We often hear that leaving your laptop connected to the mains, when it has reached 100% charge, damages the battery. What is it really ?
Most of us charge our cellphones at night. While a full charge takes a few hours at most, the phone often stays plugged in for eight hours or more! However, laptops are equipped with a, which has the advantage of being , but is damaged when it is subjected to too high a tension. In addition, overcharging can overheat the battery and in some cases cause battery failure. , as we have seen with the who were taking .
To prevent this from happening, however, most manufacturers have provided phones with systems that automatically shut off the power when the load is full. The problem is that even when not in use, the phone experiences low discharge. As soon as thedrops below a certain level, it will restart the load again until it reaches 100%, and so on several times during the night. So many “mini charges” that wear out the battery prematurely and overheat the phone.
The charger alone also consumes electricity
In addition, the phone is not the only one to consume, a thus represents an average power of 3.68 when charging and 2.24 watts when it remains connected to the mains while the battery is full. An unnecessary waste of energy.. When the battery is 100% charged and the remains plugged in, it continues to absorb electricity. According to
To increase theof battery life, it is recommended to always keep a charge between 30% and 80%, that is, not to wait for it to go completely dead or to charge it to the maximum.