Still recent, but already very present on the second-hand market, the new Renault Clio hybrid is an excellent choice.
Since 2020, from 17,500 €
Very sober aesthetically, this fifth generation of Clio remains one of the best small versatile models on the market where it battles with the Peugeot 208 for first place in sales. In addition to a finish and materials whose quality now rivals models from across the Rhine, it emphasizes first-rate dynamic qualities. Its recent platform, which it shares with the Captur, gives it a behavior that has become significantly more incisive, reinforced by a firmer damping, to the detriment of the comfort, less soft than that of previous generations. First Renault hybrid model, its drivetrain, very accomplished, combines a 1.6 liter 4-cylinder petrol engine with an electric motor delivering a cumulative power of 140 hp. In addition to great approval, particularly favored by an original dog box, this block is particularly sober with a average consumption barely above 5 liters per 100 km. Offers already very abundant.
This Clio V has obviously suffered from too hasty development with, in particular, countless electronic bugs. What penalize the reliability of the first copies.
- Direction : rack fault which has been recalled.
- Brakes : emergency braking triggered unexpectedly; ABS sensors replaced.
- Electronic : bugs of all kinds (electric handbrake, headlight brightness sensor, tire pressure sensor, digital dashboard, radio, mood lighting, multimedia screen, GPS, reversing camera, hands-free key, mirrors, clock…).
- Tailgate / fuel flap : bad fit.
Examples of announcements
- 1.6 E-TECH 140 Zen, 2020 100 km 17 600 €
- 1.6 E-TECH 140 Intens, 2020 1 200 km 18 900 €
To read / see also on auto-moto.com:
Renault Clio 5 video test
Renault Clio vs Dacia Sandero
Renault 5 Alpine turbo: memories of youth