This third generation of Prius benefits from all of Toyota’s experience in the field of hybridization. And claims excellent reliability.
From 2009 to 2016, from € 11,000
We no longer present the Prius which, in 1997, democratized the hybrid. Restyled in 2012, this third generation only reinforces the qualities of its predecessors, while maintaining a fairly divisive design, not necessarily to everyone’s taste. Supported by a “big” 1.8-liter thermal engine, its 136 hp driveline is sufficiently powerful, even if we always deplore a tendency to runaway revs in strong acceleration phase. With its rather clumsy front end and its direction lacking in feeling, this Prius is appreciated especially in driving casting or we take advantage of its silence. The interior is austere, but correctly presented, sufficient roominess, apart from a little bit of rear roof clearance, the large trunk (446 liters) and the correct comfort despite a lack of soft damping. The high mileage does not scare him (between 200,000 and 300,000 km…) with first prizes from 5,000 €.
Despite some failures affecting the thermal block, this Prius III is very reliable.
- Thermal motor : banging in very cold weather, before 2012 (intake manifolds or injectors); lack of power, before 2013 (EGR valves).
- Rolling trains : clicks of the steering (shaft); bearings replaced.
- Drums : possible overheating, before mid-2013 (battery fan).
Examples of announcements
- 136h Lounge, 2009 104 000 km 8 400 €
- 136h Business 15’’, 2015 22 000 km 15 900 €
To read / see also on auto-moto.com:
Toyota Prius 4 video test
Toyota Rav-4 hybrid used FOR SALE
10 reliable Japanese used cars from 8,500 to 20,000 €