Recently renewed, the Dacia Sandero will evolve its range and is preparing to reduce its standard equipment, without lowering its price.
It has already been almost a year since the Dacia Sandero offered itself a new generation, based on a new platform for the brand, the CMF-B of the Renault Clio. Completely revised with a modernized design and a clear increase in technological equipment, the city car did not have much low-cost, apart from the price. More welcoming, better equipped and in particular more attractive on all points, it offered a lot of equipment from the first level of finish, for a ridiculous price of only € 8,890. Except that here, it was then starting to cost a bit dear to the Romanian brand, at a time when the Renault group is doing everything to save money on various expense items. And if offering an affordable, well-equipped car helps appeal to customers, but it ends up costing the manufacturer dearly.
This is why the brand has decided to reduce the airfoil a little, by making its new Sandero a little less attractive, without lowering the price. All the finishes are therefore concerned, as well as the variation Stepway, which loses some of its main attributes. Indeed, the specific inscriptions on the seats and roof bars are about to disappear, as well as the central black wheel covers, which now become the same color as the rims. All city cars produced from the end of next October will be affected by these changes, without the price being changed. As a reminder, the Dacia Sandero is available in gasoline and LPG, with power between 65 and 100 horsepower, while it is possible to choose between a manual or CVT gearbox.
Find out the list of items that will be removed from the Dacia Sandero range
- Removal of the lashing rings in the trunk (all finishes)
- On manual air conditioning, air recirculation button replaced by a manual lever (Essentiel, Confort, Stepway Essentiel and Stepway Confort)
- Removal of the phone holder available with Media Display and Media Nav (Essential and Comfort)
- The two front courtesy lights are replaced by one (Comfort and Stepway Comfort)
- The USB port on the back of the armrest is removed (except if the electric parking brake (Comfort and Stepway Comfort)
- Removing the bag hook for the front passenger’s seat (Comfort)
- The “Media Control” inscription disappears from the smartphone holder integrated into the dashboard (Stepway Essentiel and Stepway Confort)
- Removing the USB port next to the dashboard (Access)
Also read on Auto-Moto.com:
Restyled Dacia Duster: the full range and prices
New Dacia Duster 2021: what changes compared to the old one?
New Dacia Duster 2021: first contact in VIDEO