Don’t have a car, or is yours too small to go on vacation? It already has significant mileage and you want to save it? What if the holidays were an opportunity to try out a car model before you decide to buy it, or even an electric car? There are many reasons to rent a car for your vacation, for the day, for a few days or for several weeks.
Many makes and models are available for rental, and consumers are spoiled for choice when it comes to renting a passenger vehicle for one or more days. It depends on the number of people to be transported, and the use you want to make of them: making it easier to get around for a few days, while staying in town, going far with a lot of luggage and friends of the children in addition … Rather than cramming into the family car, the vehicle rental can be a practical option when you need a lot of luggage space.
Six reasons to rent a vehicle while on vacation
1. When you need more luggage space
When you raise the sails for a backpack road trip, traveling light is part of the pact between you and your children, and there is nothing to complain about. On the other hand, when we go to the sea, or when we are preparing to visit cities, and to go out dancing, we want outfits, and equipment that goes on the water and on the beach. To not frustrate anyone, a rental station wagon with a large MPV-type trunk will be welcome.
Why not try it out in an automatic?
A Scenic, Grand Picasso or Peugeot 5008 family car can also be perfectly suited.
For a simple weekend, consider a sedan.
2. When we bring extra friends or family
You offered to go on vacation with the cousins or friends of the children? To keep your freedom, consider a 9-seater minibus. It is an ideal solution to be comfortable.
3. When you want to surprise your beloved
Are you two crazy about nice cars, and dreaming in a convertible with your hair blowing in the wind? Arrive one morning behind the wheel of a rental convertible car for a romantic getaway for a weekend. He or she will remember it!
4. When you want to try a car with an automatic transmission for a few days
Do you want to change your vehicle, and you are not sure whether you like an automatic transmission? Over several days, during the holidays, you will have time to get an idea.
5. When you want to try an electric car (especially if you live near you)
An electric car is a significant investment, because the technologies are still very recent, and the production and technology costs are not yet as optimized as in the thermal. And even if, in the long term, it will cost you much less to maintain it, (25% to 30% less) you hesitate a little….
Again, vacations can be a time to get a feel for what it’s like to drive an electric or hybrid car. You will probably appreciate its silence, and the pleasure of reducing your carbon footprint. Try out fun vehicles like Twizy, Renault Zoe-type city cars, always popular with the public.
6. When you want more freedom in the city
Do you live in the city without a car, and you stay at home during the holidays? For more freedom, during these few days, you can try a small city car type Clio V, perfect for slipping into town.
What you need to know to rent a car
- To rent a vehicle, you must be at least 21 years old. The driver’s license must be valid for at least 12 months.
- For some vehicle models, you must be at least 25 years old and the license must be valid for more than 3 years.
- If desired, two conductors can be declared (main and additional).
- A security deposit is required to cover any damages that may occur during the rental. Its amount is established according to the type of vehicle rented. The security deposit is returned at the end of the rental if no damage is found.
What options can be added when renting a car
Several options can be added: GPS, baby seat, booster, snow tires, roof bars or a pair of chains.
Tips for renting a car
France Cars, an independent French rental company, regularly offers last minute car rental offers, with online discounts ranging from -30% to -50%. Its passenger vehicles, utility vehicles, tippers and minibuses are available in nearly 70 agencies in France.