The radar turrets are very impressive and hard to miss. But above all, they are much more efficient than normal radars even if their maximum potential is not yet deployed.
In 2020, French roads were lined with 500 radar-turrets. By the end of this year, this number should be 1200. The multiplication of this type of radar is therefore obvious but today we will see what they are really capable of.
‘Cause yes, if they can flash the speeding the burnt out red lights, their use is very limited. In addition to these two offences, these radars have the capacity to sanction:
- Failure to obey a red light
- Forgotten seat belts
- Traffic in the wrong direction
- Failure to respect a stop sign
- The use of lanes and roads reserved for certain categories of vehicles
- The validity of the insurance
- The acceleration of a vehicle about to be overtaken
- Overlapping and crossing continuous lines
- The dangerous overtaking
- The use of a telephone held in the hand and the wearing of any device likely to emit sound in the ear
- Failure to respect safety distances
- Prohibited maneuvers on the motorway
- Failure to wear a helmet
- Stops on the bike locks in front of the traffic lights
- Traffic on hard shoulders
- Overtaking on the right
Lots of lures
As we said, the use of these radar-turrets is very limited with regard to their potential. But above all, you should know that a good part of these radars are in fact decoys.
On average, one out of four turrets is in operation. The others serve only to deter motorists from committing offences.
Of course, it is impossible to separate the real ones from the fake ones and their locations are regularly interchanged.
Read also on Auto-Moto.com:
Car insurance: are electric cars more expensive?
Driving in the middle lane: how much does it cost?
Registration card: be sure to change it when buying a new car!
Breaking down on the road: how to react well?