We don’t necessarily know it, but Google has a tool thanks to which we can carry out a search from an image found on the Internet. A very practical option that allows you to identify places, objects or people with a simple click. This solution is less known compared to Google image searches.
It has surely happened to you, during your wanderings on the Web, to come across the photo of a character, a place, an object about which you would have liked to know more. The Google search engine can bring you an answer if you just right click on the image. This function is available by default with the Chrome browser and on Firefox, provided you install an extension Google Search by Image. You can also search from Google images.
Google search from image with right click
To do a Google search from an image with a right click:
- In your browser InternetInternetplace the cursor on the image about which you want to obtain information and then right-click.
- From the context menu, select the Search image with Google option. A results page will open with the dimensions of the source image in mind and, where possible, the identification of what it contains. Google also offers a selection of similar images as well as a list of websites with identical images.
- Note that the option also works from the Android and iOS version of the Chrome browser by performing a pressionpression on the desired image and then selecting the Search image on Google option.
Search from Google Images
To search from Google Images:
- Another option is to search directly from the Google images page. Click theiconicon representing a camera located in the input field.
- Several possibilities are then available to you: copy then paste the URL of the image for which you wish to search, drag an image from your computer’s file explorer or select a file on your hard disk.