Zapping Auto Moto 2023 Ford Bronco test drive: Banco for the Bronco
The Pas-de-Calais prefecture obviously does not like tuning gatherings. The latter has just made a tough decision for lovers of this practice. Wild gatherings of tuning demonstrations will thus be prohibited in part of the department for the month of September, by decision of these authorities.
This ban will be effective every weekend in September. That is to say from 1st to 4th, then from 8th to 11th, from 15th to 18th, from 22nd to 25th and finally from September 29th to October 2nd. The districts of two cities, Béthune and Lens, are affected by this decision. Here are the affected areas, in detail:
- Avenue de Londres in Douvrin;
- the avenue de Sofia in Billy-Berclau;
- the D163 between the roundabouts of the avenue de Sofia in Billy-Berclau and the WEILROD establishment;
- the surroundings of the Intermarché car park located on the ZAC du Beau Pré along the RD937 in Verquin
- all of the car parks in the commercial areas of Cora Lens 2 in Vendin-le-Vieil;
- rue des Frères Lumière in Vendin-le-Vieil;
- the car parks in the Intermarché shopping area in Carvin, in particular the MacDonald store car park;
- the car parks in the Maison Plus shopping area in Hénin-Beaumont;
- all car parks in the Aushopping shopping area in Noyelles-Godault;
- the Bollaert-Delelis stadium car parks in Lens;
- the “Portes du Nord” industrial zone in Libercourt;
- rue Blaise Pascal in Libercourt;
- all the car parks in the commercial areas of Cora in Courrières;
- the Delta 3 multimodal platform in Dourges;
- the Lens-Bénifontaire aerodrome car park;
- the industrial zone of the Alouette de Liévin and Bully-les-Mines, in particular the streets Marcel Caron, rue Jules Verne and Chemin de Lens.
The Pas-de-Calais prefecture expressed itself on this subject on Twitter. “By decrees of August 22 and 28, 2023, gatherings aimed at carrying out tuning demonstrations are prohibited, during all weekends of September 2023, within several sectors of the districts of Lens and Béthune.
By decrees of August 22 and 28, 2023, gatherings aimed at carrying out tuning demonstrations are prohibited, during all weekends in September 2023, in several sectors of the arrondissements of #Lens et #Bethune.
— Prefect Pas-de-Calais (@Prefet62) August 29, 2023
The ban on tuning rallies, a question of security
Security is cited as the reason for this ban. Indeed, the prefecture cites, on its website, an accident that occurred in September 2021 to justify his choice. At the time, a sprint had gone wrong:
“Wild gatherings aimed at performing tuning demonstrations are regularly observed in the districts of Béthune and Lens. On September 11, 2021, a speed race between participants in such a gathering in the “Portes du Nord” industrial zone in Libercourt took place. led to a tragic fatal accident.”
“In order to prevent this situation from happening again, Jacques Billant, prefect of Pas-de-Calais, decided by prefectural decrees of August 22 and 28, 2023 to prohibit any gathering of people and vehicles whose objective is to perform tuning and running demonstrations.”
Also read on Auto-Moto.com:
To sum up
The Pas-de-Calais prefecture prohibits wild tuning and running gatherings in certain areas of Lens and Béthune in September. The argument used to justify this reason is that of safety, after an accident that occurred in 2021.