Zapping Auto Moto Restyled Peugeot 2008 vs Renault Captur: first static confrontation!
This start of the week is undoubtedly appreciated by motorists driving in the Var. In fact, several sections of roads in the department returned to 90 km/h this Monday, September 18, compared to 80 km/h previously. This concerns around ten axes, for nearly 170 kilometers of bitumen.
In detail, we find a return to 90 km/h on different roads, scattered throughout the department. The latter are located in areas deemed safe enough by public authorities to accommodate such changes. Here is the list of these sections:
Road sections returning to 90 km/h in the Var
- A portion of around fifty kilometers of the DN 7 (which crosses the department)
- The D 2, between Castellet and Signes
- The D 3, between Rians and Pourrières
- The D 125 and the D 25, between Le Muy and Saint-Maxime
- The D 37 and the D 837, between Montauroux and Adrets-de-l’Esterel
- The D 43 between Brignoles and Cuers
- The D 54, located between Châteaudouble and Le Muy
- The D 97 between Le Luc and Solliès-Pont
- The D 98 between Hyères and Bormes-les-Mimosas
- The D 957 between Aiguines and Aups
A first step before other returns at 90 km/h in the Var?
Something to delight, no doubt, motorists. And it might not stop there. The president of the department announced his decision to return sections to 90 km/h in November 2022. “I consider that there is absurdity in imposing limitations at 80 km/h, where it is not justified”he declared to Was-Matinshortly after taking office.
This is why new routes could also reach 90 km/h in the coming months. For this, feedback will be carried out by the departmental council. The results of this return to 90 km/h will be closely scrutinized.
The departmental authorities will undoubtedly also be able to rely on other departments. Remember that as of August 17, 2023, no less than 50 departments have already returned to this speed on at least part of their affected roads.
Also read on Auto-Moto.com:
To sum up
This Monday, September 18, 170 kilometers of roads in the Var, divided into around ten sections, returned to 90 km/h. A measure announced at the end of 2022. It could precede other returns to 90 km/h in the months to come.
rewrite this content and keep HTML tags