Zapping Auto Moto Restyled Peugeot 2008 vs Renault Captur: first static confrontation!
“Getting value for my taxes” means something to you. This is the communication campaign launched by Gabriel Attal, then Minister Delegate in charge of Public Accounts and today Minister of National Education, last May. It had two components: a website on which we could “clearly and precisely understand how our tax money is used” as well as an online consultation through which the French could “give their opinion on the level of ‘taxation in France, its evolution, the use of taxes’, etc. On this same principle, the 40 million motorists association puts the site online www.enavoirpourmonradar.com. Here, it is a question of positioning yourself on radar revenues. Explanations.
12.5 billion euros collected in 20 years
The launch date was not chosen by chance. “On October 27, 2003”, announces the press release published by the association, “near La Ville du Bois in Essonne, was inaugurated by ministers Nicolas SARKOZY and Gilles DE ROBIEN… the first automatic radar in France”. Yes, it has been precisely 20 years since radars invaded our lives. 40 million motorists did the math, that’s no less than 12.5 billion euros that have flowed into the state’s coffers since that fateful moment. 8.2 million points were also withdrawn… “last year for speeding below 20 km/h”.
Poorly reinvested revenue
Obviously, this communication campaign is intended to be a bit “scratching”, we recognize internally. However, the objective is very serious: to remind people that radar revenues do not go where they should go, and in particular in road safety actions, as was the idea when a Special Allocation Account ( CAS) was created especially for these machines in 2006. In reality, as pointed out by the Drivers Defense League last May, “in their analysis, the Wise Men noted first of all that only 86% of the revenue from fines was indeed allocated to the CAS. The remaining 14%? In the State coffers”. If you would like to give your opinion and say where you think the revenue should be allocated, go to at this address.
Also read on Auto-Moto.com:
The electric car, a threat to the ecological transition?
Nissan Hyper Punk: rebellious but not too much
After Tesla, Renault also penalized by a strategic choice
To sum up
Radars are celebrating their 20th anniversary this month. To celebrate the occasion, the 40 million motorists association is putting online the site www.enavoirpourmonradar.com on which you can say where, in your opinion, the 12.5 billion euros collected by the State should be allocated since 2003.
rewrite this content and keep HTML tags