Sebastien Ogier confirmed his good form the day before by performing the second best time of the session. He sits just behind Sebastien Loeb which, like a diesel, increases in power as the Rally progresses. The Alsatian therefore realizes the best time of the 3rd special and recover some time in the general classification.
Note the impressive road exit of Adrien Fourmaux. The Frenchman was confident and in the same times as Sébastien Ogier after the first parsec. But beware of the error that quickly arrived. The pilot Ford M-Sport hit a stop head-on, only to roll into a ravine. The crew of car number 16 managed to extricate themselves from the wreckage of the Ford to give positive signs about their health.
Big crash in ES3 #RallyeMonteCarlo for Adrien Fourmaux who attacked this special hard. The driver and his co-driver, who were within seconds of Ogier, are doing well. The car is very, very damaged. https://t.co/SCEW3jreyF
— Clement Pedron (@PedronClement) January 21, 2022
- Monte-Carlo Rally: the (big) barrel of Fourmaux on video
Behind the ranking remains quite similar to that of Thursday. The Toyota and the Ford remain in the fight, with a slight advantage for the Japanese manufacturer. The Hyundai suffer more because of their unreliability and theerror by Thierry Neuville who went head to head while he was 2 seconds behind the leader. Place in the ranking:
- Ogier / Veillas (Toyota): 35:58.5
- Loeb / Galmiche (Ford) : + 5.5 s
- Evans / Martin (Toyota) : + 12.4 s
- Greensmith / Andersson (Ford) : + 33.9 s
- Breen / Nagle (Ford) : + 35.2 s
- Neuville / Wydaeghe (Hyundai) : + 40.1 s
- Tänak / Järveoja (Hyundai): + 47.4 s
- Katsuta / Johnston (Toyota): + 1: 11.8 s
- Solberg / Edmondson ( Hyundai) : + 1:13.8 s
- Rovanperä / Halttunen (Toyota): 1: 21.9 p
- Fourmaux / Coria (Ford) : OUT
Live and standings | TV program and streaming | Routes and maps
List of Entrants | WRC Calendar | Season 2022
Photo : RedBullContentPool
To read on Auto-Moto:
Rally Monte-Carlo / SS2: Ogier ahead of Loeb at Turini
Monte-Carlo Rally 2022: who are the favourites? Who can create the surprise?
WRC Rally 2022: how do the new hybrid cars work?
Rally: the presentation of the 2022 WRC season – PODCAST
WRC rally: who can succeed Loeb and Ogier for the title? – VIDEO