The war between the two Sébastien is not over. Ogier has a 5 second lead, but Loeb does not say his last word. Summary of the special and classification:
The fight continues between the two Sébastien. Neither of the two champions wants to give up on this Rallye Monte-Carlo. Whereas this morning, Sébastien Ogier seemed to be more comfortable. Sébastien Loeb shows us the opposite this afternoon. He set the second fastest time in the Saint-Jeannet special and was 5 seconds behind the eight-time champion of the discipline in the general classification.
It is Kella Rovanperä who manages to find a second wind on this 3rd day of the Rallye Monte-Carlo. The young Finn impressed by setting the best time of the special and in particular by finishing ahead of the two protagonists of the weekend.
Behind, we note the return of Elfyn Evans (P5 of SS12). The Briton has nothing more to play for, but he continues despite everything to reach the finish of this Rally and accumulate experience with these new hybrid cars. We were also able to observe the astonishing mechanical breakage on the Hyundai of Thierry Neuville (P10 of SS12). The car’s right front suspension broke and collapsed to the point of piercing the hood of the Rally1.
Big smoke at Thierry Neuville! 🌬️
– CANAL+ Sport (@CanalplusSport) January 22, 2022
- Ogier / Veillas (Toyota): 2:05:23.5
- Loeb / Galmiche (Ford) : +5.0 s
- Breen / Nagle (Ford) : +1:10.6 s
- Rovanperä / Halttunen (Toyota): +2: 08.8 p
- Katsuta / Johnston (Toyota): + 2: 28.3 s
- Neuville / Wydaeghe (Hyundai) : +5:33.5 s
- Greensmith / Andersson (Ford) : +6:11.7 s
- Evans / Martin (Toyota) : +20:19.3 s
- Solberg / Edmondson (Hyundai) : +40:42.1 s
- Fourmaux / Coria (Ford) : OUT
Photo : RedBullContentPool
To read on Auto-Moto:
Rally Monte-Carlo 2022: Friday summary + results
WEC: the Peugoeot LMdH finally on track!
Rally: the presentation of the 2022 WRC season – PODCAST
WRC rally: who can succeed Loeb and Ogier for the title? – VIDEO
Rally: who is Isabelle Galmiche, Sébastien Loeb’s co-driver?