The Battle of the Sebastians is intensifying day by day. The two men were always opposed by a rhythm difference. But today, that is not the case. Ogier (P2 of SS14) and Loeb (P1 of SS14) seem to be comfortable in their Rally1 and offer a show worthy of their titles. We still retain a slight advantage this morning for the Alsatian. He realizes the best time of the 14th special and recovers 1 second on his rival. He therefore reconnects to 20 seconds in the general classification.
— Off Track (@OffTrack_FR) January 22, 2022
Kalle Rovanperä (P4 de la ES14) also continues on its beautiful form of yesterday. The young Finn seems to have understood how to exploit his Toyota Yaris and its hybrid system. However, he concedes too much behind Craig Breen, 3rd overall, to fight regularly for the podium of this Monte-Carlo Rally.
We also note theabsence de Ott Tänak. After committing a accident in the 11th special, the 2019 WRC world champion is forced not to start this Sunday. Place in the general classification of the 14th special of the Monte-Carlo Rally :
- Ogier / Veillas (Toyota): 2:31:12.1
- Loeb / Galmiche (Ford) : +20.0 s
- Breen / Nagle (Ford) : +1:26.9 s
- Rovanperä / Halttunen (Toyota): +2: 06.1 p
- Greensmith / Andersson (Ford) : +6:43.3 s
- Neuville / Wydaeghe (Hyundai) : +10:10.0 s
- Katsuta / Johnston (Toyota): +12: 37.0 s
- Evans / Martin (Toyota) : +21:05.5 s
- Solberg / Edmondson (Hyundai) : +41:10.6 s
- Tänak / Järveoja (Hyundai): OUT
- Fourmaux / Coria (Ford) : OUT
Live and standings | TV program and streaming | Routes and maps
List of Entrants | WRC calendar | Season 2022
Photo : RedBullContentPool
To read on Auto-Moto:
Rallye Monte-Carlo / ES13 : Ogier distance Loeb
Rally: who is Isabelle Galmiche, co-driver of Sébastien Loeb?
Monte-Carlo Rally: the (big) barrel of Fourmaux on video
Rally: the presentation of the 2022 WRC season – PODCAST
WRC rally: who can succeed Loeb and Ogier for the title? – VIDEO