Huge turnaround in this Rallye Monte-Carlo, Sébastien Ogier (P8 of SS16) suffers a puncture at the end of the 16th special. Sebastien Loeb take the opportunity to achieve the best time of Penne-Collongues 2 and recovers the lead in the general classification with more than 10 seconds ahead of its rival.
The consequences are disastrous for the Toyota clan. They see the roles reversed. Sébastien Ogier becomes the hunter just before the power-stage, to find out which of him or Loeb will win the Monte-Carlo Rally.
Behind, we can note the fine performance of Gus Greensmith which is displayed again at the top of the table: P2 of the ES16. In the same way as Takamoto Katsuta, the Japanese has distinguished himself and seems to be much more comfortable in his Yaris, at the end of the Rally. Place now at General classification, before the final stage of the Rallye Monte-Carlo:
- Loeb / Galmiche (Ford) : 2:51:50.0
- Ogier / Veillas (Toyota): +9.5s
- Breen / Nagle (Ford) : +1:28.3 s
- Rovanperä / Halttunen (Toyota): +2: 23.2 p
- Greensmith / Andersson (Ford) : +6:29.3 s
- Neuville / Wydaeghe (Hyundai) : +7:47.0 s
- Katsuta / Johnston (Toyota): + 12: 23.0 s
- Evans / Martin (Toyota) : +23:16.6 s
- Solberg / Edmondson (Hyundai) : OUT
- Tänak / Järveoja (Hyundai): OUT
- Fourmaux / Coria (Ford) : OUT
Live and standings | TV program and streaming | Routes and maps
List of Entrants | WRC calendar | Season 2022
Photo : Icon Sport
To read on auto-Moto:
Monte-Carlo Rally / SS15: Ogier takes off, Neuville wins
Rally: who is Isabelle Galmiche, Sébastien Loeb’s co-driver?
Monte-Carlo Rally: the (big) barrel of Fourmaux on video
Rally: the presentation of the 2022 WRC season – PODCAST
WRC rally: who can succeed Loeb and Ogier for the title? – VIDEO