In 6th place in used sales, this Clio 3 remains one of the most homogeneous and the most comfortable. Falling odds.
From 2005 to 2014, from € 2,500
Restyled 2009, this third generation of Clio remains one of the most homogeneous and successful small all-rounders of its time. Besides a particularly safe and reassuring road behavior (with optional ESC anti-slip), it enjoys first-rate passive safety. Added to this is great driving pleasure with well-studied ergonomics and smooth and precise controls. Comfort is not to be outdone with damping offering excellent filtration, plush seats and careful soundproofing. Correct for its size (3.99 m), the habitability progresses significantly on the Estate version, lengthened by 21 cm, with a trunk volume that climbs from 288 to 439 liters. Among the many engines offering from 70 to… 200 hp (RS), we can choose the sparkling 1.4 16v petrol of 98 hp, replaced, in June 2007, by the 1.2 TCe turbo 100 hp or the sober and tonic 1.5 dCi 85/90 hp.
Reliability even higher than that of the II, despite, still, concerns about the dCi.
- Petrol engine : jerks possible; difficult starting (immobilizer); coils toasting on the 1.4 16v and 1.6 16v.
- 1.5 dCi : knocking (with rare case of engine failure); premature wear of the timing belt; power losses; poorly positioned injection pump …
- Clutch : sometimes premature wear.
- Braking : noisy pads.
- Direction : variation of electric assistance; replacements.
- Alternator noisy (pulley).
Examples of announcements
1.4 16v Confort Expression 5 doors, 2006 43 000 km 5 900 €
1.5 dCi 85 Luxe Privilège 5 doors, 2007 50 000 km 5 000 €
Also read on auto-moto.com:
30 years of Clio
Renault Captur used FOR SALE
Renault Zoe occasion