If the Clio IV is the star second-hand model, it is no coincidence: its qualities, versatility and wide distribution make it an excellent choice.
Renault Clio IV, dand 2012 to 2020, from € 5,500
Like all Clios, this 4th and penultimate generation stands out for its homogeneity. Particularly rigorous and civilized, its behavior makes it a model for “all audiences”, while its driving pleasure is of an excellent level. with flawless ergonomics, and smooth and precise controls. Despite a damping a little firmer than that of the “3”, particularly careful it is true, its comfort remains very good, with soft seats and careful soundproofing. Only available in 5 doors (without forgetting the Estate estate), it offers honorable roominess and a 300-liter trunk, which climbs to 445 liters on the estate. The little 3-cylinder turbo petrol 0.9 liter 90 hp combines honorable performance and relative sobriety (6.7 liters per 100 km), provided that it is not overused, while the 1.5 dCi the same power is both more economical (5.3 liters) and more efficient.
A number of failures, but no serious failures.
- TCe 9 engine0: operating jerks (computer to be reprogrammed).
- DCi 90 : illumination of the anti-pollution warning light; capricious stop & start.
- Of starters replaced.
- Brakes : risk of wear of a hose, by friction (fitting of a spacer).
- Rolling trains : slamming on degraded pavement (stabilizer bar silentblocs).
- Speed regulator : pedal becoming hard when deactivating (brake amplifier to be replaced).
Examples of announcements
TCe 90 Energy Intens, 2014 70 000 km 7 500 €
DCi 90 Medianav, 2014 63 000 km 5 700 €
Also read on auto-moto.com:
30 years of Clio …
Renault Clio V: used from € 12,000
Clio V6: memories